Wednesday, March 04, 2009

2004 Le Haut-Medoc d'Issan


I splashed decanted, and let it breathe for an hour. It appears this Cab/Merlot blend is the 3rd label from Chateau d'Issan. The nose is predominated by a dusty minerality over traces of earthy sour cherry. The palate is a wonderful juicy black fruit, blackberry leads the attack and there are some floral/forest hints on the finish. Balanced tannins and nice acidity that brings out the fruits. I'm a novice Bordeaux drinker, this wine was not as complex as some I've tried (like the 2003 Chateau Bernadotte Haut-Medoc or 2005 Chateau de La Dauphine Fronsac) but at $15 I'll buy more and do recommend it.

2 comments:

Dr. Davon Jacobson, MD said...

This is really a well laid out website. I love how your posts tie in with the food and drink theme so well. You seem to really love your site. I myself love to read up on recipes along side helping others in health. Keep up the great work here and please visit by my blog sometime. The url is http://healthy-nutrition-facts.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.

ShareThis